Sunday, September 14, 2008

So there I was on the road....

So there I was on the road, fully conscious, and aware that this was not a good place to be. I was aware there was some back pain, but was more aware that there was my bike, and myself on the road.... I had to get off! So I got up, grabbed my bike, and sat on the gutter at the side of the road. The driver, and a witness came to my assistance, both very distraught. It felt like I had to calm them down, more than they were calming me down.

I tried to reassure that things were okay, no need to call an ambulance, and more concentrated on the driver as to why she had not seen me, nor gave way, etc. etc.

We exchanged names and addresses, and I got back on my bike and road home, as didn't think I'd make it to work on time.... and that back pain was persisting.... As I sheepishly road home I was aware that my front wheel had been a bit bent as it wasn't riding properly. I thought I'd better get the bike looked at for damage and repair.

I got home, showered, changed, had a panadol forte, told my wife what had happened, threw my damaged bike in the back of the car and drove to work.

No comments: