Monday, September 8, 2008

It all started on the 10th of July....

Having riden my bike to the staff meeting at Sunshine campus the day before I was enthusiastic to ride to work as I had the opportunity. It was a bit cold, a bit wet, but I rugged up and set out early as I knew I had to open up Sunbury campus by 8:30, and knew from experience I needed to allow a good hour and a quarter. So off I set with backpack full of workstuff and a change of clothes, reflective vest, and xenon light ablaze.

Only about 2 kilometres from home I approached an intersection I've passed through many times before by bike and by car. Old Calder Hwy and Burrowyre Cresent in Keilor. There was a late model Ford Falcon at the intersection turning right, but waiting for traffic to clear. I had right of way, and I thought the driver had seen me approaching. Then, when I was right in front of the car, it came out of the intersection and I landed on the bonnet of the car. The driver must have realized something was wrong pretty quickly as she stopped, and I slid off the bonnet and went down onto the dark, cold, black hard road surface

No comments: